Thursday, June 10, 2010

Radical Acceptance


These words have been floating on my mind for a few days now. I have been meaning to add the book by Tara Brach to our list but there is some other reason ( and now I come to trust these things) that the words keep coming back. It just finally dawned ( literally at dawn today) on me that radical acceptance is at the heart of the matter. The only way to get on -- and stay on -the right path. The path that allows us to live an extraordinary life in the midst of a crazy world. As I sit with the feelings and sensations of these words I realize that Marcia Larson is one of the most accepting people I know! What this friendship does, among many other things, is provide me with a dose of radical acceptance so much so that the words just floated up to the surface of consciousness. I also feel that lack of radical self acceptance is at the root of so much of our woes. So for today the prescription is to practice radical self-acceptance. No labeling, no judging, no trying to hide, just is -- like the box. I'm a ---- gotta love me! Draw a picture of that and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I am so humbled by your writing. It is so easy for me to see you as perfect, to feel nothing but compassion and love and understanding for you no matter what the situation, something I am not yet capable of feeling toward myself. This is the heart of the matter. It's something that I know is true. You are right, radical acceptance has to be at the core of what we seek. MK

    ReplyDelete