Friday, June 11, 2010

Nice and easy...


It was great to see the Mr. Clean this morning. My intention for the weekend is to clean the house and declutter some spots. I need to see stuff shining. I also will work on my financial plan. I have to work on it since finances are in shambles at the moment. But eventhough finances are in shambles I am not spinning about it, not really. Effortless action, the big me knows what needs to be done and when. I see signs of effortless action all around. Case in point, yesterday was a nutty day and I just went with it. I think yoga and the space it creates is really moving ( literally and figuratively) in a very healthy direction. I suddenly got a massive headache around noon so I took off from office to my dad's. I figured getting out for a while would help me clear the head. I grabbed some ibuprofen from the first aid kit and off I went. By this time the headache turned into overall feeling bad. I had an hour and a half before two important meetings. As it turns out I took the pills, laid down on dad's couch and woke up three hours later! Missed the meetings and all kinds of calls. I was really tired! Rather than freaking out as I normally would I decided to stay on the couch the rest of the day. We had a big scholarship award event and I had someone else represent me. That was the best way to handle yesterday. I rested until early evening, picked up Dominic at the airport, came home and went to bed with a cup of tea. Much better today. Nice and easy. Acting in one's own best interest is not a skill that I learned at home... it came to me the hard way. I like it though. It is very self-affirming.

2 comments:

  1. Love the image of the sea turtle, I'm holding onto it today.I can feel how the sea turtle floats with the flow effortlessly and calmly swimming to where he needs to be. I think it's an art, learning to act in one's own best interest, like remembering to put on your own oxygen mask before you help the person next to you, that's not being selfish or avoiding responsibility, it's being smart and reasonable! I always need to remind myself of this, and I am saying that without judgment. This blog is a really good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this blog is a great thing. The oxygen mask analogy is the best! I will remember it I know I will.

    ReplyDelete