Monday, June 7, 2010

Brand new day


Here we go -- the beginning of a new way. Eventually is here and we are on board at last. Hopefully, yoga nidra was a good start for you. I started out by rolling out the mat, moved on to some light stretches. It felt so good to let my body move for even 15 minutes. I also did the mantra and chanting meditation - the short version and walked for 30 minutes. All before 7:30 AM! This was my effort to quiet the monkey mind and redirect. Learn we must. It worked. One day at a time. Persevere.
It also worked to wait to have that conversation with the lady at work. It went extremely well. No entanglement. She even said -- "that was easy." I suspect she was ready for battle. Effortless action is the way to go.
Let's go for another day of sanity. Someday soon we will be those people, the calm to the core ones.MI

3 comments:

  1. I was so excited to see your post when I logged on this morning! Love the photo too, blogger really makes it pretty easy. I'm inspired by the achievement of effortless action, so many other ways it could have gone. A monthly day of sanity would be an awesome goal. Perhaps you could join us in Clearlake on one of the days we are there and just hang out swim and sail, we have room for you to spend the night too. It would be a major sanity boost–mini mind vacation as my sister says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "No entanglement" "effortless action" I want these to be my rudder. When I need it throughout the day I am focusing on these intentions. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, and I gotta say "calm to the core" –another perfect articulation of my goal too.

    ReplyDelete